Teacher refresher courses are designed specifically for language teachers and are conducted at an advanced level in the target language. They enable teachers to revise and improve their linguistic skills and cultural knowledge as well as discovering new teaching techniques. This is an ideal opportunity to refresh grammar, methodology and classroom strategy, as well as broadening their knowledge of cultural topics and current affairs.
Whilst on the courses, teachers have the opportunity to exchange views and ideas with classroom colleagues from other countries.
Our courses take place in Spain, France, Germany and Italy and have set starting dates throughout the year which vary from school to school. Caledonia is approved by the British Council to provide courses for language teachers, including teachers returning after a career break.
Alternatively, if you are not a near fluent speaker of the language you are teaching (or intend to teach) but you are a qualified teacher, we can book you on one of our intensive language courses which are available throughout the year. Intensive and Combination courses are also eligible for funding under the European Erasmus funding and are ideal for teachers who do not have an advanced level in the language, as well as offering more flexible start dates than fixed Teacher Refresher courses.
All our Teacher Refresher Courses and language courses are suitable for Erasmus Plus funding – ask us for more details!
More information about ERASMUS funded courses
Reading Time: 2 minutes
What is the process for Erasmus funded courses?
- Choose which course, start date and type of accommodation you would like to book and contact us
- We temporarily reserve a place for you on that course whilst you apply for funding through the Erasmus + programme.
- When you find out the results of your funding application, you pay a deposit of £150 to secure your place on the course. You do not have to pay anything until you have found out if you were successful or not.
- The full balance is then due 8 weeks prior to departure
- The application for funding is managed through Erasmus +, and as your language course provider, we provide you with the supporting documents (confirmation letter and invoice) for your application
For school staff mobility funding:
Please note! Deadlines for applications for funding are often up to a year in advance – ask us for more details