SAFETY and SUPPORT
We have been organising tailormade educational travel and school group tours abroad since 1996 and offer an excellent range of locations and tours for students and other young people wishing to experience an educational and cultural trip of a lifetime. We pay particular attention to Safety and Support issues as outlined below.
Why should you choose us for your school travel service?
School study trips overseas are a wonderful way to inspire and motivate young people and to give them an educational and cultural travel experience that they will remember for the rest of their lives.
With almost 20 years experience of organising tailormade school study tours and youth trips abroad, we have over 90% repeat bookings and an extremely high level of personal recommendations from previous group leaders.
- All our suppliers overseas are approved by relevant professional bodies and are fully accredited at a local, national and in some cases international level.
- All our Educational Travel co-ordinators are linguists, with teaching and overseas travel experience
- Our dedicated Educational Travel team has personal knowledge of our destinations and regularly visits our overseas suppliers so that we can give you personal recommendations and advice
- Our flexible approach to setting up tours means that you get exactly the trip you want, at a good price, with no hidden extras
- We provide you with a 24 hour emergency mobile number for our UK team when you are on your trip, and you will also have a dedicated contact on location with their 24 hour contact details too
- We operate a Trust account, administered independently of Caledonia Worldwide, which means that your payments are safe until you return from your overseas trip
- We have an ATOL licence (ATOL 6387) which gives you added security for your payments when you book a trip with us with flights included (UK based schools only)
- We are members of the Tourism Concern Ethical Tour Operators Group (ETOG), a body which recognises the importance of fair and ethical travel
- We are approved by Responsible Travel, a leading body which promoted travel companies who abide by the principles of responsible travel management
All our school group trips include:
- A tailormade itinerary to suit the interests of your group, with classes and activities designed to suit your students’ levels and interests and including the topics you want them to learn or revise.
- Tour dates to suit your travel plans at any time of the year
- Small, closed teaching groups
- All language tuition provided by local professional language schools which are fully accredited and experienced in teaching the target language to young students
- A complementary programme of cultural / sporting / adventure activities to suit your students’ interests
- A choice of accommodation: local homestays to give students the opportunity to practise their language skills; residences or hotels
- Private transfers to get you and all your luggage from the airport or train station to your accommodation and back
- Free places for group leaders
- All planning and administration of your trip in full consultation with you
- A briefing pack for every participant with maps, programme and accommodation details
- Full support before you leave and 24/7 emergency support during your trip
- Flights booking service
Feedback from Schools
“Thank you for all your hard work in making our Rouen trip 2015 so successful. A la prochaine!” ES, Jersey College for Girls, Rouen (March 2015)
“Thanks so much for all your help in organising the trip, it was a real success. The school was in an excellent location, was easy to access and was well equipped.” JS, Radley College, Madrid (March 2015)
“Macaron workshop was amazing – a highlight for all of us.” ES, Jersey College for Girls, Rouen (March 2015)
“Thank you so much for organising our trip to Cuba. I cannot fault it in any way and we all had a marvellous time. The whole trip was extremely well organised and the guide was the best I have worked with in 20 years.” NH, Eton College, Cuba (December 2014)
“The trip went really well. The weather wasn’t the best but apart from that everything went very smoothly. Thanks very much for all your efforts in organising our trip – it is very much appreciated. Please also pass on my thanks to all the staff in Benalmadena. They are so welcoming and the group really enjoyed their classes” JF, The Mary Erskine School, Benalmadena (February 2015)
“We really enjoyed the trip because it was so helpful being able to practice speaking French more fluently. All of the activities were both fun and useful” KB and EW, Jersey College of Girls, Rouen (March 2015)
“Nice walk to school every morning, close to the apartment and had a great teacher. ” OK, International School of Aberdeen, Antibes (January 2015)
“I loved the trip! The only thing that could have made it better is warmer weather! We should have come in May. The food was amazing and I had fun.” CD, International School of Aberdeen, Benalmadena (January 2015)
‘It was excellent to experience a new culture and meet new people there.” – DL, Radley College, Madrid (March 2014)
[The homestay] was welcoming and friendly, meals were lovely, the apartment was quaint.” CR, Jersey College for Girls, Lucca (October 2013)
“I loved it! I liked staying with my host family and going to Florence, I loved it all! I would definitely recommend it.” DM, Jersey College for Girls, Lucca (October 2013)
“ I absolutely loved the trip because it was well organised and everybody bonded well. The trips were great and everyone had fun” IB, Strathallan School, Antibes (July 2013)
CONTACT US now on 0131 621 7721 to discuss your trip or email us with your travel ideas