Work with Caledonia
We are recruiting! Are you familiar with Cuba and would love to share your knowledge? Are you organised, articulate, enthusiastic and a Spanish speaker? If so, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for a Travel Coordinator to join our small team ASAP, on a part time flexible working basis. Our bright sunny office is in Leith, Edinburgh but working from home some of the time is an option. See below for full details and do get in touch if you are interested.
Travel Coordinator with Caledonia Worldwide
Caledonia Worldwide is an independent specialist tour operator with more than 25 years experience of organising cultural and educational holidays in Cuba. We organise and promote culturally aware travel for individuals and groups, and strongly believe that our trips provide an authentic way to be involved with local people and communities.
We are known for delivering exceptional customer service and organising memorable travel experiences. We are now looking for an enthusiastic individual to join us on a part-time basis to help build the business further.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Respond to client enquiries and manage bookings
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure the smooth running of itineraries and group trips
- Prepare final travel documents for clients
- Assist in the development of our website as well as social media pages and contribute to e-newsletters and blogs
- Represent the company professionally by attending UK and international exhibitions and events and participating in other promotional activities
- Develop and maintain good relationships with partners, suppliers and clients
Required knowledge / skills / experience:
- Previous experience of living, working or travelling in Cuba
- Previous experience in the travel sector desirable but not essential
- Able to deliver exceptional customer service
- Strong administrative skills with the ability to manage a heavy workload at times
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Proficiency in Spanish language, both written and spoken
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to demonstrate reliability and initiative
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- An enthusiastic and flexible approach to work
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times
Hours per week: 20-25 hours per week (negotiable)
Place of work: Mainly from our office in Leith (Edinburgh) with flexible home working arrangements an option
Salary: £21 – 23,000 pro-rata (dependant on experience)
Start date: ASAP and preferably before end February 2023
Application deadline: 9am on Monday 6 February 2023
Applicants should email their cv and covering letter to our director, Kath Bateman, on email@example.com outlining why they are interested in the position and their suitability for the role of Travel Coordinator.
Looking forward to hearing from you!